Sunday, August 31, 2014


Hello, fellow explorers! My name is John McConnellogue, AKA, “The Chosen Juan.”  I’m majoring in Geography with a minor in Sustainability at the UCD, and also earning an Urban Agriculture certificate through my studies.  Through this course I chose to research Sri Lanka, an island off the coast of India; have you seen that place?  To be honest, I haven’t.  I’ve done most my studies revolving around the Americas, particularly South America, so I wanted to explore a new territory that also contains tropical environments.  Plus, I am very intrigued by tropical climates due to the nature of its abundant growth in dense biodiversities. Physical connections between the immense exchanges in the rainforest is complex, and I'd like to break some of it down. The rainforest makes for the perfect place to discuss hydrologic cycles such as rivers, rain, and their effects.  The geology and topography of Sri Lanka and its surroundings is mind-blowing, with features like Rama's Bridge and Lion's Rock. I am fascinated with the divinity and universal properties in nature and I excitedly await the new connections I learn from the forms and processes of this geography.  I look forward to furthering my knowledge around this gracious Earth with you, and I hope you enjoy these studies as well!  !Adios mis amigos! Or shall I say, Namaste!


No comments:

Post a Comment